E-Mail Routing and Autoresponder Rules

Lyonel

Hi all, I have setup a rule to automatically update requests when an e-mail is received. It seems to be working fine but sometimes it does not and I don't understand why...

Here is the rule setup:

rule email.png

The email address in the rule expression is the correct one.

But for example, the following e-mail was not processed properly:

email not processed.png

For information, at the time the email was received, the request was still opened. Also, when I run the regexp it works perfectly as the request number gets properly extracted from the subject. 

I also did some test using my personal gmail address. I receive the e-mail from Hornbill. But when I reply, the email arrives in the mailbox but the rule fails.

Am I missing something here? Has anybody experienced something similar?

Note: I have seen Gerry's post about latin character sets and this answers some of the cases where the auto update does not work. But not the rest

• 5 weeks later...

@Lyonel first of all apologies for delayed reply. Most likely causes:

• originator is not the same as the customer on the request (email from != customer email on request);
  • request is in a Closed state.

For both scenarios we have application settings which dictates how AR behaviors in these each case: app.email.routing.rules.unknownUsers.allow and app.email.routing.rules.allowClosedCallUpdates (for each call class). You can turn these ON/OFF, depending on how you want AR to work.

• 1 month later...

thanks @Victor I can here with this exact same fault - so hopefully the above will fix.

also where you have this rule - app.email.routing.rules.allowClosedCallUpdates -  is it possible to implement the same rule but for resolved calls e.g. app.email.routing.rules.allowResolvedCallUpdates. so we can mark a call as resolved, then any subsequent updates are not auto-added to the call. thus meaning someone has to manually attach it and this will hopefully re-open the call at the same time.

thanks

Gary  

• 2 weeks later...

Hi @Gary@ADL

I can look into adding the additional setting for preventing the Routing Rules from automatically updating requests once resolved. The automatic re-opening of a request when manually attaching an email to a resolved request is possibly a separate discussion.  I just wanted to start by checking that having this new setting in isolation would still be a suitable solution for you?

It may be worth having a separate topic to discuss the automatic re-opening of requests.

Regards,

James

• 2 weeks later...

Hi @James Ainsworth

yes that would definitely be a benefit (the prevention of calls being automatically updated once resolved).

our issue is - we don't keep a view of our resolved calls (for example I currently have 38 requests in my queue) in the last 3 days I have resolved approx. 60 calls. so for me to have nearly 100 calls visible would make it difficult to work.

we could close the call as soon as we mark it resolved (rather than wait 3 days for auto-closure), which would stop any further emails replys being auto-added,  however this doesn't give the user chance to re-open it via the portal.  when calls are resolved we do get emails to notify you that a call has been updated, but the emails aren't customisable (I don't think), so give no indication as to which call (other than a reference number) has been updated, and so can be ignored.

automatic re-opening of requests isn't such a important requirement to be honest, as we can manually apply the update, then use the view button and re-open the call from there,

thanks

Gary

• 1 year later...
On ‎2‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 8:12 PM, James Ainsworth said:

Hi @Gary@ADL

I can look into adding the additional setting for preventing the Routing Rules from automatically updating requests once resolved. The automatic re-opening of a request when manually attaching an email to a resolved request is possibly a separate discussion.  I just wanted to start by checking that having this new setting in isolation would still be a suitable solution for you?

It may be worth having a separate topic to discuss the automatic re-opening of requests.

Regards,

James

Hi @James Ainsworth  was there a separate topic raised about the above?    I would like to stop the update of resolved tickets too.  We also want to stop the requests being reopened on the portal.

Helen