Prevent resolve if priority not set

carlt

We were previously setting call priorities based on the answer to a Progressive Capture question but due to customers often selecting the wrong priority and the fact that Service Manager doesn't update the resolution timer if the priority is subsequently changed...we have changed this so that it is now our analysts that set the priority, with a Suspend on Priority in the BPM.

However, it seems that you are able to resolve a call without the priority being set - is there a way of preventing this?

Thanks

We've seen variations of this issue which do get fixed by Hornbill - see below

1) Analysts can resolve calls without being the owner - Fixed

2) Analysts can resolve calls without using a resolving category - Fixed

But is would be better if when the first issue is raised they look at testing other situations - can someone from Hornbill give us an idea whether this is the correct place to look at this query or should we be logging an incident?

Hi @carlt

Thanks for your post.  At the moment we don't have a setting to make the priority mandatory prior to the resolution of a request.  This is something that we need to provide options with as some people do not use priorities on all of the different types of requests and we need to maintain this way of working.  Also, I believe that priority is not the only piece of information that someone may want to enforce prior to resolution. It may also be a combination of these fields and only at a particular time within the workflow that these are required by. One of the ideas that we have been looking at is to allow the BPM Workflow to control which actions are available at any given point.  For example, you could hide the resolution action up until a certain point and only once all of the appropriate information has been supplied is the resolution action made visible.  Do you think that this would help in your scenario?

Regards,

James

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The more I think about this (and a few related issues) the more I think that the ability to control the visibility of icons on the actions bar from within the BPM would solve them in a single solution.

If the Resolve icon isn't there and only appears once the Priority is set, you can't resolve without a Priority - etc.

The issue is that, as I have found here: 

You can "get to" nodes that are past a Suspend point, so it seems that it might be possible to have the "Activate Resolve" node hit without the Priority even being assigned.

Possibly an activation matrix as a BPM setting, rather than a flowcode - so for each action you could have On, Off and Conditional, if Conditional is used you set the requirements e.g. Priority: Set AND Category: Set AND Owner: Set would require a call to have each of those conditions met before the Icon appeared?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi Everyone, 

There are a number of discussion points in this thread to do with controlling when a request can be resolved along with other actions.  We have just finished work on a new feature that will allow you to control the availability of all the actions on a request.  You will now be able to disable the resolution tab until you have all the appropriate information.  

Here is a short video to show it works. 

This feature will be available in the next Service Manager build which we should see toward the end of next week.

Regards, 

James

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Tina,

You will need to make sure that you test this with a user that is not part of a "Full Access" role such as "Change Management Full Access".  Users with these roles will be able to update the request despite it being locked.  This is done in a way that the Full Access user does not have to unlock the action in order to provide the update as this could temporarily open the action for use by others.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Jamesa

• 1 month later...

Hi

We have used the lock button on Assign until the Priority is set, which is working but we are having to refresh the page after selecting a priority to get the BPM to move on. This is one issue which may not have a fix, but a bigger issue is staff can bypass the lock using the Assign options set in other places (on the request list, on hovering on a ticket).

See my screen shot - can we remove/ disable the other assign options except on the toolbar.

Nasim

assign.PNG

Hi @ArmandoDM

Thanks for reporting to the dev team.

Did you see the other issue about the screen not refreshing until we hit F5 or refreshed the page?

Nasim

Hi @nasimg

sorry for my late response.

I run a few tests by using a test BPM. After selecting a priority, I can see the BPM being updated automatically without refreshing the page.

If  you could provide me a screenshot of your BPM,  I can try to replicate the issue  by using the same ?

Regards

Armando