Emailling entire call details

samwoo

Would you like the ability to send the details of a Request via email to relevant people via the BPM Process (with chooseable options of course)  

5 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think?

• Yes
    • No

Hello,

We in IT are the sole "Users" who support Applications / Infrastructure / Desktop / Changes etc. using Hornbill.

We also have Business Admins for certain Applications who have no ties with IMT except for when they need Technical Support with their Application (in which they log a call via the Self Service Portal).

We would like the ability to send these people the full call details (the same way we print from within a Request) via the BPM process when required.

Exampled situation:
When we get New Starters, for some Applications we support - we have to set up the New Users ourselves. But if the Application has a Business Admin then we will need to send their team mailbox the full details of the New Starter request (Call Details, Question Details, Timeline Details etc) - they do not need to update Hornbill. This will be handy as we have a list on the New Starter form where multiple Applications can be chosen - we manage some of them, the business admin manages the others.

Thanks,

Samuel

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

Back from Paternity Leave - we are starting to hear of more teams setting up users in their Applications outside of the IT Department, just wondering if my request has had some thought?

The ability to email entire call details (mainly the details and questions) the same way we can print a request would benefit our Business Admins as we could then automate it where required for things such as New Starters or Movers etc.

Thanks,

Samuel

• 3 weeks later...

Hello

You could add a node to email customers in your BPM and within that node, include an email template that will be used. Then go to Home > System > Email > Templates and select the email template you will use. In there, add the variables you want to send to the Business Admins. Could you try that and let me know how it goes.

regards

Pam

31 minutes ago, plubinda said:

Hello

You could add a node to email customers in your BPM and within that node, include an email template that will be used. Then go to Home > System > Email > Templates and select the email template you will use. In there, add the variables you want to send to the Business Admins. Could youhttps://forums.hornbill.com/topic/9372-emailling-entire-call-details/# try that and let me know how it goes.

regards

Pam

Hello Pam,

Thank you for responding. Yes I have done this however unable to add all the Questions and Answers to the email template, as well as the Timeline details.

I've gotten some of the questions to output to Custom Fields but doesn't contain enough information, especially as we need some of the Timeline details as this is where a lot of the information is held from the Analysts dealing with the request.

Thanks,

Samuel

Hi Sam,

As a work around could you not print the call to a pdf and attach it to the call and email the user the pdf.

Again, I know it isn't the best way of doing it but it will give the information you require in an electronic format.

I tried copying the text from the print screen but it loses all formatting once you paste it into the email field.

Thanks

Dan

7 minutes ago, Dan Munns said:

Hi Sam,

As a work around could you not print the call to a pdf and attach it to the call and email the user the pdf.

Again, I know it isn't the best way of doing it but it will give the information you require in an electronic format.

I tried copying the text from the print screen but it loses all formatting once you paste it into the email field.

Thanks

Dan

Hi Dan,

Thanks for responding. This is certainly the current work-around but often it has taken a bit of time for the analyst to realize that the call details also needs to go to another team, and sometimes they would forward the details over far too close to the time when the New Starter starts.

Having this as an automated process will reduce the need for an Analyst to forward the details over (thus reducing human error).

I have been told not to amend processes without going through CAB, and this can take a long time... but if I could I would add a "Remember to send XXXXXX the details of this call". I have a new "New Starter Process" in the works that automates everything... so having a reminder task wont really fit.

But manually sending the PDF over is what we are doing though.

Thanks,

Samuel

21 minutes ago, Dan Munns said:

Hi Sam,

Just out of interest how many question answers are you trying to map to the email? 

At the moment I've only got about 4 or 5 mapped to test (custom_a to custom_e) in the new "New Starter" request, but in addition need details from the timeline alongside the question answers in the email which also contains information.

Thanks,

Samuel

I fear it will be the timeline that will be the issue. 

I know you can map 25 questions to custom or extended fields on the email variable but there is nothing for timeline. 

So you could email the call ref and questions automatically but there is no way for them to see the timeline that I can see.  

• 3 months later...

Hello,

Just reviving this topic as I am trying to create a form which contains more than 30 questions that I need to be able to send to other users automatically.

Since the Custom Fields are limited to 25 this will not work (unless the limit can be expanded to a much larger number).

I was wondering if any further discussions has been made with regards to emailling the list of questions and answers? 

At the moment the idea of emailling parts of the timeline doesn't apply in this case, and I havent thought about it since i originally raised this request.

I hope however it is possible that we can eventually email the list of questions automatically via BPM.

Thanks,

Samuel