Linking BPM Activities to Timesheet Catergories

Martyn Houghton

We are just looking at testing Timesheet Manager in conjunction with Service Manager. 

Is there a way to set a default category and sub category on an activity within the BPM, so that the end user does not need to click on the timesheet category button unless they need to override it?

Cheers

Martyn

Hi @Martyn Houghton,

As far as I have been able to discover you are only able to change the default based on the type of request and specific actions for requests in general.

Regarding setting default categories, we have raised a request earlier regarding being able to specify the default category based on the assigned service. Maybe this could help you as well?

Regards,

Alex

• 9 months later...
Guest Paul Alexander

An option to set the default Timesheet category either per service or per call type would help us too....at the moment, having to choose the category every time you update a call is going to be too cumbersome and just won't get done!

1 hour ago, Paul Alexander said:

An option to set the default Timesheet category either per service or per call type would help us too....at the moment, having to choose the category every time you update a call is going to be too cumbersome and just won't get done!

Did we just just fix this by applying the default categories and ensuring that permissions were correct? 

Guest Paul Alexander
5 minutes ago, Darren Rose said:

Did we just just fix this by applying the default categories and ensuring that permissions were correct? 

Apparently so. Obviously my lack of a management role meant I didn't get this option....so I'm taking no blame for not seeing how to do it ;)