UI Improvement - Time Picker - Pause/Hold

Martyn Houghton

Could I raise User Interface improvement request for the Time Picker as used in a number of places in the application, but specifically the one used when placing a request on hold, as below:-

timeui.png

At the moment you cannot manually enter the time in numbers and you have to use the drop down to select the time. When you click on the field it drops down the selectors for both the hour and the minutes, but closes when you make a selection of only one of the values, either hour or minutes. You have to click on field again to open it up to then click on the value you want for the other. 

When you are updating just a few requests this would not be too much of an issue, but when you are updating a large volume of cases on a daily basis it can quickly become annoying.

Would be possible to have the time picker to stay open until you have click/tabbed to a different field?

Would it also be possible to be able to type the time in as well, given that sometimes you have to make a number of clicks to scroll the picker to the hour/minute you want.

The reasons for the latter point is that we always put our requests on hold to the end of the day, i.e. 18:00 hours, so that our 1st Tier are able to chase up customers on the day it comes off hold prior to the SLA timers restarting.

Cheers

Martyn

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

I'm getting similar requests from our users, having to pick the hour and then the minutes is unnecessarily fiddly.

If everything defaulted to midnight for the on hold time picker, that would be better, as usually when setting the 'on hold' time you'd want to set it to a whole hour (like 09:00 start of day)

Also, on Martyn's screen shot it just shows hours and minutes, ours shows seconds too (which makes it even more fiddly)

Is it possible to change that in settings so we only see hours and minutes?

Cheers,

Claire

@Claire Holtham

You can fix the time format to only show the hours and mins format by updating the settings in each user's profile. I screen shot below of the setting we use here.

If you add up all the extra clicks on the mouse you have to do every time you do it through the day, it does get a bit annoying, so having to do it for a third level will be even more.

horntime.JPG.27d0532d6833603fbf1b254ae694724a.JPG

Cheers

Martyn

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Have to agree with Martyn here - the time picker is not very friendly....considering its just numbers, I would just like to enter a value, or a single column drop down like outlook's meeting request.

Nasim

• 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...