Bookmarks - ticket status doesnt update

nasimg

I've been using Bookmarks to keep track of important calls but noticed the status of tickets in this list doesn't change. It would be useful if they did reflect the real status of the ticket - otherwise I have to keep opening the bookmark to check whether the ticket is resolved etc.

bookmarks.PNG

In the attached example IN00024569 is resolved but shows as open.

Hi @nasimg

Thanks for your post.  The Bookmarks have been designed as a simple and quick way to save the location of different elements of Hornbill to provide quick access back to the original location. It is simply storing the URL of the item that has been bookmarked.   Dynamic updates to bookmarks is not something that is being considered.  

This still does leave an opening for a discussion on different ways one can track important tickets.  There are a few ways that grouping or managing important tickets can already be accomplished but open for other ideas to be discussed.

Following - The concept of following a request was put in place so that someone can keep up to date with the requests that are most important to them.  Following provides visibility of updates within the Newsfeed and notifications are provided when updates are made.  There are also options in the request list to quickly view all of the requests that you are following.

Membership - Once can add them self as a member of a request if they do not require updates in the Newsfeed or if they do not want notifications.  Within the request list there is an option to quickly view all the requests that you are a member of.

Boards -  Possibly one of my favourites is to create a personal Board where I can add the requests that are important to me.  Being able to create the different lists within my board lets me arrange them the way that I want.  The ability to share a board can then extend this out to other members of your team if desired.

Activities - One can create tasks which include reminders and the ability to schedule within the activity calendar to ensure that important requests are not forgotten about.

Priority - Views within the request list can be built to reflect the priority or importance of the tickets. 

Regards,

James

Hi  @James Ainsworth

Thanks -  wouldn't it be better to remove the "Open" status below the ticket. This is misleading as the ticket may not be open.

I'll look into trying one of your other suggestions for tracking tickets.

Nasim

@nasimg just following up on this, the word 'Open' is not the status of the request, it's actually a link that opens the request. Well, the bookmarked page which just happens to be a request. If you were to bookmark a workspace or a contact, you'd see the word there too

• 5 months later...

Hi @nasimg

I just wanted to follow up on this post.  As the term ''Open'' is referring to the action of opening the request rather than the actual status of the request, I was thinking that you might want to take advantage of the translation feature and rename the term "Open" to something like "View".

Regards,

James