Translation of Asset labels

Kelvin

I need to be able to record a LAN MAC and a WLAN MAC address against our assets, I would be happy to change one of the existing fields however I am unable to locate the Translation table for Assets.

Hi Kelvin,

Was there a particular class of asset where you need this?  I'm assuming the Computer class.  There is a MAC address for the computer class but for some reason it has been listed under Computer Information rather than Network Information.  I'll look to getting this moved to the correct location.  I will add wMAC as a field to consider in a future release. 

Regarding the translations, the asset translations can be found under Service Manager -> Translations within Administration.  If you filter on the key user.view.asset you should see all the related translation.  However, I am hoping to have the new fields provided by the end of Dec to early Jan.  It may be worth waiting so that you don't have to add them again.

assettranslations.PNG

Regards,

James

• 6 months later...

Hi @Kelvin

I just wanted to let you know that we have finished some work on the Assets to include the MAC address on printers and mobile devices.  We have also moved the MAC address for computers from the Computer Information section to the Networking section.  This will be available in an update over the next week or two.

Regards,

James