New Improved Email View

Gerry

@Dan Munns

I am not sure how we set the default font to be honest, I will ask someone to post back with an answer, I cannot see why it would not be possible to have an option to set the default font but there might be some complexity involved, one of the dev team that work in that area would be better qualified to answer. 

@Daniel Dekel any thoughts?

Gerry

All,

We have had the new email view in place for a while now so its coming to that time where we need to transition and remove the old view permanently.  Thank you to everyone who provided the valuable feedback during the preview phase.

Next we are working on a complete re-work of the email events system - this is the mechanism under the hood that deals with dynamic screen updates when things in the mailbox change.  As this is a fairly big change we will not be applying the changes to the old email view so we need to transition in the next 30 days or so.  The next update will switch to the new view by default and we will probably be announcing a 30 day countdown next week for the old view to disappear. 

Gerry

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi Chris,

Unfortunately, there is no way to switch back to the old view once the final countdown has elapsed, We introduced this new view back in December 2016 with a preview mode so you could switch between the old and new view as you liked, the idea being we could iron out any problems customers had with the user experience, we provided a link for all users so they could feedback/comment here also.   We recently added a 30 day countdown to give customers final notice that the new an improved view was going to become the new default and the old view would be decommissioned all in accordance with our major UI change philosophy.  We have to do this if we are to keep moving forwards many of the new features added already as well as many we have planned for the future will only be applied to the new view, its not practical (or even possible) to apply new features to the old view as the new features require new features of the new view. 

It would have been nice to know what these "headaches" where before while we had the opportunity to address them in a timely manor :( please let us know what exactly the problem is, perhaps we would have a suggestion or can accommodate changes to resolve your specific workflow issues.

Thanks 

Gerry

HI Chris,

Thanks for that, yes its good to keep moving forwards. We have the benefit of our collective customers experience and I would hope we demonstrate our ability to bring all customers the best of what we get to see.  Please let us know if there are any more suggestions, we are always happy to accommodate where we can see an oppertunity to improve our service for all customers. 

Gerry

• 2 weeks later...

Guys - just to say good job really on the email view stuff! - I wasn't a fan at first, but I have been using it recently, and with the extra little features that allow us to customise certain bits of it - i.e. having the additional info either within the message or the right in a separate pane. Or being able to chose whether we can see the content of the message or just the subject. 

big thumbs up really!

• Like 2