Time line view

Andy Cook

Hi Andy,

Thanks for your post.  As Victor suggests, timeline information is not available within the Request List view.  The timeline can be ordered differently and can have updates as posts or comments.  In many cases seeing a comment without the context of the post or other comments under the same post that it is associated to may not provide enough information to make this displaying of the last update meaningful within the Request List.

I would be interested to understand more about the the type of information you are looking for from the list view to see if there is another way of achieving this.

Regards,

James

• 2 months later...

James, the query comes from our historic use of Supportworks. Our analysts used a view that showed the last update to an incident to quickly highlight if a ticket had been updated by a customer or the service desk. Presently within Service Manager they need to select each incident and read through the timeline before highlighting if an update has been applied.

Hi Andy, 

I'm not sure if this would help but there is a colour scheme to the request list.  When an update has been applied to a request by someone other than the owner of the request, the request shows with a coloured background in the list.  Once the owner has read the request it will be displayed as white until the next time someone updates it.

In the example below I'm logged in as a user named Daniel Matthews.  Request IN00000184 is displayed with a white background which signifies that there has been no updates by a customer or co-worker since I last read it.  IN00000180 shows with a coloured background which indicates to me that either a customer or co-worker has updated my request since the last time I opened it.  I also get an insight to the other requests where I am not the owner, for example I can see that the owner, Peter Moore has not seen the latest update in PM00000188.  From a line manager's perspective they could see all the requests that have had updates but they have not been seen by the owner.  If you include the 'Last Updated' column on the list you can then get an idea of how long the updates have been there without the owner reading them.  

OwnerRead.PNG

Regards,

James