What role for Task maintenance?

Keith

Hi @Daniel Dekel is there a way for me to create such a role.

This is one of our biggest issues. 

We have compliance activities that get created as part of the business process flow. The owner of the task gets set to the owner of the request. After investigating the request he decides he needs to reassign the request to another team/owner. That new owner can then not update the task.

Thanks

Keith

Hi @Keith,

In a separate post, we discussed the ability to complete another member's task. The implementation for this change is complete and this will be considered for a Service Manager update soon. The ability to edit a task as an assignee (rather than an owner) is out of scope here and I am actually concerned that such ability can be considered a security flaw - even if supported via an Application Role.

Hi @Ehsan,

I had seen the other thread and offered my support and believe our requirement to be similar to @Martyn Houghton's.

There is no security risk in what we are trying to achieve. If there is, it is more likely to be the reverse of what you suspect. 

We have activities for SOX compliance and FDA compliance and these should ideally be completed by the person carrying out the work. If the request is reassigned, these open tasks should also be reassigned or the new owner should have the ability to "grab" and complete these tasks.

Keith

Hi @Keith,

Thank you for your response.

Could I just get a better understanding of the scenario here - User A is an assignee of a task and User B is the owner of the task. User A wishes to be able to edit the task (e.g. edit the Title and Description of the task). Is that right?

Ehsan

Hi @Ehsan,

I'll try and clarify further.

1. User A is the Request Owner, the Task Owner and the Task Assignee.

2. User A reassigns the Request to User B

3. User B can not do anything with the associated Task which his still in ownership of User A.

Ideally, we would like the owner of the task to switch to User B when reassigned. Or at least give user B ability to manage/complete the activity.

FYI - User B could be in a completely different team.

Hope this helps.

Keith

@Keith,

If User B is a member of a Supporting Team for the Service that is associated to the Request and User B is assigned a new Application Role that we're going to introduce, then User B will be able to complete an Activity that is assigned to User A (ofcourse, the task will be automatically re-assigned to User B prior to completion). The owner will not change but User B can complete the Activity.

Ehsan