Selecting raise new, instead of specific type skips BPM

Awalker

Hello, 

it has been noted that when a new request is raised and it is not selected using the drop down next to the 'Raise New' button it does not follow the same progressive capture / process, how do i fix this;

the icon in question is noted below in an image, basically i need to know where the setting is, that if someone uses raise new button instead of using the drop down next to the button to select a type, that is picks up the correct captures.

Hope that makes sense

Capture rasie new.PNG

1 hour ago, Awalker said:

selected the change type it then picks up the progressive capture and process for that type

@Awalker you could have the "Raise New" progressive capture jump to another progressive capture after the request type has been selected... I mean jump to the progressive capture corresponding to the request type.... but this would need to be configured in the "Raise New" progressive capture, is not something automatic...

• Like 1

Hi @Awalker

Just to expand on @Victors point about the difficulty some users have with analysts clicking the "Raise New" button - it has previously been a challenge because it has meant that you have needed to cover multiple eventualities in a single Progressive Capture ("new request"), covering multiple request types. And this can get very large, very quickly. 

But exactly as Victor has mentioned, the "Switch Capture" node alleviates this - and a common method that a few customers have already employed is to ask the Request Type as the very first question (on the "new request" progressive capture) and switch immediately to their Request Type specific captures from that point onwards. 

For the benefit of anyone reading this thread who might want to implement this after previously experiencing this issue, here is an idea of how it can be set up:

Screen Shot 2017-01-30 at 23.10.43.png

Kind Regards

Bob Dickinson

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
On 2017-1-30 at 11:16 PM, Bob Dickinson said:

Hi @Awalker

Just to expand on @Victors point about the difficulty some users have with analysts clicking the "Raise New" button - it has previously been a challenge because it has meant that you have needed to cover multiple eventualities in a single Progressive Capture ("new request"), covering multiple request types. And this can get very large, very quickly. 

But exactly as Victor has mentioned, the "Switch Capture" node alleviates this - and a common method that a few customers have already employed is to ask the Request Type as the very first question (on the "new request" progressive capture) and switch immediately to their Request Type specific captures from that point onwards. 

For the benefit of anyone reading this thread who might want to implement this after previously experiencing this issue, here is an idea of how it can be set up

Kind Regards

Bob Dickinson

Hi All,

I've just been having this problem and have come across this thread. I had considered this solution before searching the forum though but had dismissed it as surely it renders the benefit of having the "raise new" button completely redundant, doesn't it? You may as well dispose of the button and just have the drop down.

I'm going to try the branching after the request type choice, but further down the line and see what happens. I'll post back with results

Chris

@chrisnutt I agree you do have a point regarding the "Raise New" button when you have progressive captures for each request type.... however the fact remains that "Raise Request" from an email uses the "Raise New" functionality, so you still need to have a progressive capture for "raise new"... ;)

Our ProCap for the Raise New button is a simple Select Service node.
That way you hit 'Raise New' then select a Service/Catalog Item, then follow the ProCap for that Item as normal with (as far as I can tell) as few extra clicks as possible.

Screenshot 2017-05-24 11.59.45.png