See Activity Description and Resolution notes in Request Timeline

PSG

Hello,

This query is related to the visibility of Activity updates in the Request Timeline.

Per the attached image, an Activity has a few fields for notes - Title Field, Description Field and Resolution Field.

When you open the Activity these three fields are visible however, only the Title and Resolution fields are added to the Request timeline.

Can the Request / Activity be updated so all three are added?

The driver for this is our IT Security and Compliance teams would like to be able to see all the detail for an Activity, i.e. what was asked and what was done, in the Timeline.

Thanks,

Jamie

SR00061732.PNG

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

@PSG 

The likely solution to this would be to provide a link back to the task as I dont think its even possible to show the task contents in the timeline.  I will chase this end and get someone to respond to you tomorrow. 

Gerry

Guest Ehsan

Hi @PSG,

Apologies for the delay in our response.

The work to improve the Activity content that is posted in a Request's Timeline is already under way. I will update the requirements to include Description and Resolution Notes.

There are a number of improvements planned for this area:

• There will be a click-able link present within the Timeline entry to allow you to open the Activity's details in a pop-up.
  • Details relating to an Activity of type "authorisation" will be included within the Timeline entry content.

This work is split into two development phases - Over the past 2 weeks, the Platform team have been implementing and testing an enhancement to provide information relating to Activities within a Request. Next up, the Application team will use this enhancement to complete the piece. I will update this post as soon as I can provide you with a delivery date. That would be very soon ;).

Ehsan

Guest Ehsan

Hi @PSG,

I wanted to give you an update on this requirement.

The content of the Timeline entry that relates to the creation of an Activity now provides a click-able link, which opens the Activity in a pop-up where you can explore the full details of the Activity.

Screen Shot 2017-05-19 at 16.46.13.png

In addition, the Timeline entry that relates to the completion of an Activity now provides a click-able link as well as Description, as requested. The resolution note that is supplied through the Reason field is also presented.

Screen Shot 2017-05-19 at 16.47.29.png

Clicking on the link within the Timeline entry then presents me with the following.

Screen Shot 2017-05-19 at 16.49.40.png

This enhancement will be available through an update to the Service Manager App (Build Number 968 or higher) in the week commercing 29th May. Meanwhile, please look out for this in our Release Notes.

Thanks,

Ehsan