Ability for user to close their Request

PSG

Hi,

Is it possible for a user to cancel / close one of their Requests?

For example, if a user raises a Request then the issue self resolves / or the access request is no longer required etc. do they have the ability to close it themselves?

If not, please can this functionality be introduced? 

Thanks,

Jamie

Hi @PSG,

We are currently developing functionality to allow Portal (Service and Customer) users to cancel their own Service Requests in the event that the request is no longer required. Access to cancel Service Requests via the portal will be controlled by system settings and user permissions.

As this is in development, please keep checking our update notes within the Admin console for when this functionality is available!

Kind regards,

Steve

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

In Service Manager build 943 we have released a feature that allows a user on the portals to cancel a Service Request.  This can be enabled by the follow Service Manager application setting which can be enabled in Administration under Service Manager -> Settings

Customer Portal
guest.servicemanager.customer.request.enableServiceRequestCancellation

• The default setting is 'Off'
  • When the setting is 'On' Contacts on the Customer Portal will be able to cancel their Service Requests if no longer needed
  • The Owner or Team of the Service Request can receive an email, Hornbill Notification or both informing them of the cancellation.

Service Portal
guest.servicemanager.portal.request.enableServiceRequestCancellation

• The default setting for this is 'Off'
  • When this setting is 'On' Customers on the Service Portal will be able to cancel their Service Requests if no longer needed.
  • The Owner or Team of the Service Request can receive an email, Hornbill Notification or both informing them of the cancellation.

Information on the configuration of the notifications can be found here

• Like 2

Just to add to James comments, you will also need to consider the following:

Contact's will need to be enabled with the rights to do this on the Customer Portal

You can enable this via the Portal Access control as shown below, per supported organisation.

Screen Shot 2017-03-13 at 22.20.31.png

On the Service Portal, customers will need the Self Service Request Cancel User role in order for them to see the option to cancel Service Requests

Screen Shot 2017-03-13 at 22.26.25.png

Steve

• Like 2

Hi @Everton1878

Depending on if you are supporting internal users who use the Service Portal, then you could go to the Role in the admin tool and then the Assigned Users tab, and use the Multi-select User option for adding the required users to the role, rather than adding the role onto each individual's profile.

If you are supporting external contact's via the customer portal, then you would need to go to each Organisation which you support (in the user app), and open the Portal Access option under the Request section of the organisation's record, and for those contact's who have Portal Access, slide across the Can Cancel option to enable this on the customer portal. 

Steve

• Like 1

@Tina.Lapere 

The setting to enable role additions to existing accounts is: "UserRoleAction": "Both", which is on line 5 and allows roles to be added either on creation ("Create") or on update ("Update") or both as mine is set

The roles section in my LDAP looks like this:

"Roles":[
        "Basic User Role",
        "Self Service User",
        "MyLibrary Portal",
        "Self Service Request Cancel User"

Hope that helps

Dan

@Tina.Lapere

If you use the LDAP tool as @Dan Munns has suggested this is probably the easiest way to apply this if you want to apply this to all users.

In the admin tool, on the role if you add one user, you can continue to add additional users into the box and then once you have all the required users you can then Save and this will add the selected users in one action, rather than adding them one at a time and pressing save and repeating each time. 

Steve

Hi @Steven Boardman

I've tried the above on my account and can't see the cancel ticket option in the Service Portal, am I doing something wrong.

I noted you said Service Manager Build 943, but we are on 935 is that why I can't see the cancel option (but do see everything else - Self Service Request Cancel role and guest.servicemanager.portal.request.enableServiceRequestCancellation setting).

Nasim

Hi Nasim,

The ability for a user to cancel a service request was introduced as something that will be built on to help support situations where someone was ordering or requesting something such as equipment or other order that may have a cost associated to it.  A bit like being able to cancel your shopping order up until the point that it has been dispatched.  This feature was partly initiated as an ITIL alignment for Request Fulfillment. 

At the moment there is nothing planned to extend this into incident management but nothing to say that we wont include something similar in the future.

Regards,

James 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We have just implemented this feature and immediately like @nasimgI too would be interested to have this feature for Incidents.  Customers may log problems printing for example however it may just be a problem with the application they are using and when they later close and reopen it hay presto it's working again! 

Thanks

Tina

On 14/03/2017 at 10:50 AM, Everton1878 said:

Would we have to go through each individual user to assign them the ability to be able to cancel?

Hi @Everton1878,

We are looking to revert some of the complexity in having to allocate the ability close on an user by user basis.   I can see that this really needs to be an on or off setting.  Before doing this I would be interested if anyone has a use case where they do want this level of control where it a privilege for an individual user. 

Regards,

James