LDAP Import - AD Profile Images

samwoo

Hello,

I am sure this has been answered somewhere but for the life of me I cannot find any post on the forums.

Is there a way we can have the LDAP Import to import Profile Images into Hornbill from AD? This will help us out a lot if we can do it in bulk via the import script.

Thanks,

Samuel

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi,

I was wondering if any organisations could feed back to me how they managed (if at all) on how to bulk upload profile pictures to users from AD to Hornbill? Still cannot find any relevant information about this, yet i've seen screenshots with the profile pictures against users and was wondering if this was a manual task or done via bulk.

I apologise for constantly posting on this matter, by the Service Desk team are struggling to identify users when they have asked them to come in for any reason. Sometimes they do have a quick look in the Outlook address book but not very often as it's not easy with them being so busy. At least when they deal with a person's call, they can view the image of the customer and have knowledge of what they look like when they arrive. It's great customer service!:lol:

Thanks,

Samuel

Hi @samwoo

Sorry for the lack of reply on this post. We don't currently offer the functionality in Hornbill to bulk upload images against users - either through the User App or as part of the LDAP Import Script. However we are in the process of developing a new open source utility (similar to the LDAP Import) to pull User Information from alternative sources (such as a SQL database). This WILL have the option to bring through profile images so this may be suitable for your needs - it is still in the testing and documentation phase at the moment, but as soon as it is published I will comment back here and let you know. 

I will also feedback the desire to combine this with the existing LDAP utility to our developers, and see if anything can be done here (though I would be unable to express a time frame). 

We also can perform a one off bulk import of user images for you via an Expert Service - if this is something required immediately, you can contact our Customer Success team via the Success Portal requesting this. 

I hope this helps,

Kind Regards

Bob Dickinson

On ‎31‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 9:58 AM, Bob Dickinson said:

Hi @samwoo

Sorry for the lack of reply on this post. We don't currently offer the functionality in Hornbill to bulk upload images against users - either through the User App or as part of the LDAP Import Script. However we are in the process of developing a new open source utility (similar to the LDAP Import) to pull User Information from alternative sources (such as a SQL database). This WILL have the option to bring through profile images so this may be suitable for your needs - it is still in the testing and documentation phase at the moment, but as soon as it is published I will comment back here and let you know. 

I will also feedback the desire to combine this with the existing LDAP utility to our developers, and see if anything can be done here (though I would be unable to express a time frame). 

We also can perform a one off bulk import of user images for you via an Expert Service - if this is something required immediately, you can contact our Customer Success team via the Success Portal requesting this. 

I hope this helps,

Kind Regards

Bob Dickinson

Hi Bob,

Many thanks for getting back in touch. I just re-read my previous post... i dont even think I made sense (must have been real tired on that day).

I appreciate you taking the time to have a look into my query/request. I will have a chat with my team to see how they would like to proceed, the fact you have provided some options (to wait for the new features/response or use the Expert Service) has helped.

Many thanks,

Samuel