Grouping reports and analytics objects

Lyonel

Grouping reports and analytics objects  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be interested in "grouping" measures / widgets / dashboards / slideshows / reports in folders OR categories?

Hi,

Sorry if the question has already been asked, just could not really find anything in the forum.

Would it be possible to "group" analytics objects via a category (filter by drop down list)? At the moment, I have 170 measures setup (95% used, rest is under dev), 119 widgets, 30 reports, etc. The tool is great for that except when it comes to organizing content... I use a naming convention BUT it is still not quite good enough. What would make things a lot easier is to have a field "Category" on which we can filter, as we have for BPMs or PCs.

Thanks for your feedback!

• 2 months later...

Hi @Lyonel

Apologies for the delay in responding to this post. When you have created a larger number of measures/widgets, I can certainly appreciate how important it is to be able to quickly find the ones that are relevant to you - and its great that you have gone down the approach of adding a naming convention to the titles, as this is best practice and will also allow you to quickly find the item you are looking for using the "quick filter" box on every page. 

Thanks for the suggestion of having a "category" option against each item - its a nice idea and I can see the benefit of having this - I have raised this internally for discussion and will ensure to provide you with any updates based on this. 

Kind Regards

Bob