Play slideshow externally

Bob320

• 1 month later...

I hadn't realised that the analytics can only be run from a full licence admin account. So I'd wholeheartedly support the call for a dashboard or slideshow to be displayed through anonymous guest.

• Like 1

@Bob320, @DougA, I might be wrong but I think you can run dashboards and slideshows with the role "Dashboard viewer". I our current setup, we are using an AD system account with the following roles:

• Dashboard Viewer
  • Report User

Then, I made sure this particular account has rights on every dashboards to be displayed on our TV monitors. And it works like a charm :)

Basically, you do not need a full admin account to run dashboards. Anybody with a Service Manager license and the role "Dashboard Viewer" can view dashboards and slideshows (unless I am wrong and a simple Collaboration license + "Dashboard viewer" role is enough).

As for the direct link to slideshows, you can use the autoplay feature:

https://admin.hornbill.com/crown/app/com.hornbill.servicemanager/analytics/slideshows/5/play/

Note the "/play/" at the end? This will automatically start the presentation of the slideshow :)

All you have to do is setup the PC displayed on the TV monitor to your slideshow in "autoplay" as the default web browser page and off you go!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 04/04/2017 at 1:17 PM, Lyonel said:

@Bob320, @DougA, I might be wrong but I think you can run dashboards and slideshows with the role "Dashboard viewer". I our current setup, we are using an AD system account with the following roles:

• Dashboard Viewer
  • Report User

Then, I made sure this particular account has rights on every dashboards to be displayed on our TV monitors. And it works like a charm :)

Basically, you do not need a full admin account to run dashboards. Anybody with a Service Manager license and the role "Dashboard Viewer" can view dashboards and slideshows (unless I am wrong and a simple Collaboration license + "Dashboard viewer" role is enough).

As for the direct link to slideshows, you can use the autoplay feature:

https://admin.hornbill.com/crown/app/com.hornbill.servicemanager/analytics/slideshows/5/play/

Note the "/play/" at the end? This will automatically start the presentation of the slideshow :)

All you have to do is setup the PC displayed on the TV monitor to your slideshow in "autoplay" as the default web browser page and off you go!

Thanks for your help @Lyonel what I was actually after was a way of viewing dashboards/slideshows without having to log in to a full user account..