We have added Emoji and Giphy Support

Gerry

We have added a couple of features to our collaboration platform to help you express yourself when collaborating using a simple "/" slash commands.  We have added support for Giphy, Emoji as well as the ability to easily mention Workspaces, Organisations and Contacts within your posts and comments.  

giphy_anim.gif

And of course, because our applications like Service Manager, Customer Manager, Timesheet Manager, Document Manager and others are all built on top of our Collaboration platform, these applications get these new enhancements too.  I hope you enjoy using these features as much as we enjoyed creating them. These features will be available in our next update this week.  Please see a recent blog article describing the new features here: 

https://www.hornbill.com/blogpost/hornbill-plugs-in-giphy-and-emoji/

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

That's a cool new addition! Especially for young people. I particularly like your comment:

I will admit there is a gimmicky element to this kind of capability, [...] , images express and communicate emotion in a way that is impossible to achieve with text alone. Images cross cultural and language barriers in a way that plain text words are unable to, and images bring text content alive; so we think this is a great addition to our platform[...]. 

Could not agree more :)

Maybe a stupid question but do we need to activate a setting somewhere? It does not seem to be available on our instance and I am pretty sure that we are up to date.

Hey Lyonel,

We have had a few days delay in our next platform push, its all implemented and is on our beta stream but has not yet made to live.  This I expect will happen on Monday or Tuesday next week. You will know because Harry Hornbill will come knocking and give you a few new updates.  

I am glad you like the feature. 

Gerry

• Like 1

• 10 months later...